Forums - chillout lounge
Messages in this topic - RSS Home > Photography > Found your photo
Poster Post

DigipixNZ

Posts 69
Hi
I found image #100718_251 in AA Directions magazine. Well done Nick.

DigipixNZ

Posts 69
I should have added, page 22.

DigipixNZ

Posts 69
Oh, and page 32 - whoop whoop

Mark Roberts

Posts 37
I found that image in my Directions mag. Well done. And maybe instructive, too. I'm relatively new to this site—April this year. I've had 5 downloads, all in the smaller sizes, and 4 of those could loosely be described as close-ups of a single object: a bunch of grapes, a live paua, a ponga frond and a pohutukawa flower. My model-released images, which were the hardest to get, haven't attracted buyers so far. I suspect I need younger models, but getting model releases for other people's children is a delicate negotiation. I have a couple waiting for approval. Roll on summer.

Scene Stealer New Zealand

Posts 42
My sister rang in a flurry from Westpac, Hastings, claiming to have spotted our family bach with my husband in the bath, on a brochure advertising Wetpac's Kiwi Saver! Needless to say husband is somewhat mortified and aghast!! Westpac pin -up! Therefore, age obviously isn't that important!

Posts 42
Further investigation shows another Chillybin image in the brochure!! Cool

DigipixNZ

Posts 69
Scene Stealer New Zealand wrote:

Further investigation shows another Chillybin image in the brochure!! Cool

Awesome. Can you please let us all know how to show images on this forum, its a great idea. Cheers Karen

Posts 42
When you press the Post Reply, directly under the box it says 'attach image' and away you go.

Kiwiangel

Posts 100
Mark Roberts wrote:

I found that image in my Directions mag. Well done. And maybe instructive, too. I'm relatively new to this site—April this year. I've had 5 downloads, all in the smaller sizes, and 4 of those could loosely be described as close-ups of a single object: a bunch of grapes, a live paua, a ponga frond and a pohutukawa flower. My model-released images, which were the hardest to get, haven't attracted buyers so far. I suspect I need younger models, but getting model releases for other people's children is a delicate negotiation. I have a couple waiting for approval. Roll on summer.

Hi Mark, I just took a wander whrough your portfolio. Love your pics of the horses and of the fishing. The sales will come, it just all depends on what a buyer is looking for and whether someone else has a competing image which the buyer sees first etc. So keep expanding your portfolio and I'm sure you will see your sales grow, too. Most of my sales where there's a person involved have been of the older sect, so just go for variety...old/young, different cultures, different activities, close-ups, everyday. Best wishes for your future sales.

Belinda

Kiwiangel

Posts 100
... forgot to add ... I agree about summer. As fast as this year has disappeared, I can't wait for a great summer. Let's hope it's a long, hot one (but without a drought!!). Big Grin

DigipixNZ

Posts 69
Scene Stealer New Zealand wrote:

When you press the Post Reply, directly under the box it says 'attach image' and away you go.

Thanks Kiwi Angel. Simple when you know what to do. Doh.

michikrauss

Posts 3
well done Justin, found your photo on the Westpac website:
http://www.westpac.co.nz/olcontent/olcontent.nsf/Content/Logoff.htm
#101185_474
pages: 1

Home > Photography > Found your photo

Select General image use for all applications that are not purely editorial in nature.

General includes, for example;

Email any query to fast@mychillybin.co.nz for a rapid response.

This image is available for both General use, and also for Editorial use

General use, in short, includes;

Editorial use, in short, means material of genuine public interest and containing no commercial message, advertorial content, or similar, on blogs, on information signage, in magazines, in newspapers and in newsletters

Select Editorial image use for images for editorial use in:

Editorial use, in short, means material of genuine public interest and containing no commercial message, advertorial content, or similar.

Note that whilst these images will be suitable for Editorial Use, some of these images are not able to be used for General purposes as they contain brands, people, etc without needed legal releases.

This image is available only for editorial use.

In short, this means material of genuine public interest and containing no commercial message, advertorial content, or similar. Material such as;

These Editorial Use Only images are not available for General purposes as they may contain identifiable people, intellectual property, etc, without needed legal releases.

Select the Exclusive Use Licence Full or Forward for exclusive image use, for a specified period of time.

May be used in the following applications:

(i) Editorial content - material that is of genuine public interest and free of advertising and advertorial content.

Except when the actual image is shown to be for Editorial Use Only, then it can also be used for the specified period in the sames way as the Enhanced Licence, as follows

(ii)   Items not for resale (e.g. ads, marketing materials, websites, social media posts, unpaid apps, posters, flyers, reports, ...)

(iii)   Items for resale (e.g. use of image on coasters, paid apps, screensavers, or printed map books, reports, magazine covers etc that are sold on websites or through shops ...)

Specified Period - images may not be used beyond the specified period, without a further licence of some type being obtained.

For more including prohibited uses, see full Standard Licence, Enhanced Licence, Exclusive Licence, or email your query to fast@mychillybin.co.nz for rapid response.

Select the Enhanced Licence for any of the following:

(i) Items not for resale (e.g. ads, marketing materials, websites, social media posts, unpaid apps, posters, flyers, reports, ...)

(ii) Items for resale (e.g. use of image on coasters, paid apps, screensavers, or printed map books, reports, magazine covers etc that are sold on websites or through shops ...)

The Enhanced licence is not needed for Editorial Applications.

For more, including prohibited uses, see full Standard Licence, Enhanced Licence, Exclusive Licence, or email your query to fast@mychillybin.co.nz for rapid response.

Select the Standard Licence for any of the following:

(i) Editorial content of general public interest in blogs, social media, newspapers, magazines, newsletters

(ii)  Items not for resale, up to 100,000 copies

(iii) Items for resale - not coveredThe Enhanced Licence or the Exclusive Licence are needed for items for resale.  Items such as paid apps, coasters, place mats, sold books, greeting cards, etc.

For more, including prohibited uses, see full Standard Licence, Enhanced Licence, Exclusive Licence, or email your query to fast@mychillybin.co.nz for a rapid response.